Kiddicare UK Terms and Conditions
Website Terms and Conditions of Supply
How is the contract formed between you and us?
Gift Cards Terms and Conditions
Price Match Policy
Promotions Terms and Conditions
back to top
Website Terms and Conditions of Supply – Updated 30th December 2013
Welcome to the Kiddicare UK website terms and conditions of supply.
If you accept these terms and conditions, please tick the box to show that you have read and agreed to them. Please understand that if you do not accept these terms and conditions, you will not be able to order any products from our website.
We are a UK based company.
This website is only intended for use by people resident in those countries we offer delivery as detailed on our Kiddicare UK website (these are what we call the “serviced countries”). We are unable to accept orders from any other countries.
Our website is also only intended for use by consumers; that means people who want to buy our products for personal use and not for any business purposes. We reserve the right to reject your order if we reasonably think that you are buying our products for business purposes but we will contact you to discuss this first.
If you want to order any products from our website then you will need to provide us with certain details.
You will be asked to enter information such as your name, address, email address and telephone number. You are responsible for ensuring that all of the information you provide to us is true and accurate.
To ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent we will carry out certain credit and fraud checks and will validate the name, address and other personal information that you give to us during the ‘checkout’ process against appropriate third party databases. If any problems arise from these checks, we will give you a call.
By placing an order through our website, you are confirming to us that:
- you are a consumer and are not purchasing our products for any business purposes;
- you are resident in one of the serviced countries (please see 1.2 for what we mean by ‘serviced countries’); and
- you are accessing our website from one of the serviced countries.
back to top
How is the contract formed between you and us?
The technical steps required to create a contract between you and us are as follows:
- You will be guided through the ‘checkout’ process by a series of instructions. If you want to correct any errors you have made, you can do so by clicking the ‘back’ button.
- You place the order on our website by clicking the ‘order now’ button at the end of the ‘checkout’ process.
- We will send you an email to acknowledge that we have received your order. This is not an order confirmation or acceptance of your order because we will have to carry out stock and identity checks first.
- Finally, we will then send you an email to confirm that your order has been dispatched to you (if you have chosen to have your products delivered to you and it is not a ‘direct delivery’ product). At this point, your order has been accepted by us and the contract is formed between you and us (unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it – please see Cancellations below).
Please note that if you place a pre-order for a product that has not yet been released by the manufacturer, we may send you an email to acknowledge receipt of your order and to confirm that it is being processed but we will only accept your order once the product has been released and we have sent you a dispatch email.
Because products may not all be stored by us at the same location, we may sometimes not be able to deliver them all for you at the same time so don’t worry if your delivery seems to be incomplete. You will still only be charged one delivery charge though. If you have any queries about your order or worry that it may be incomplete, then please contact Customer Services.
The contract will be concluded in English.
The details of your contract will be held by us. If you have a registered account with us and require any information about orders you have placed with us, you can log-in to your account here. Otherwise, please contact Customer Services.
back to top
Where you have chosen to have your products delivered to you, we can deliver your products to anywhere within the serviced countries (please see 1.2 for what we mean by ‘serviced countries’).
We will do our best to try and deliver the products to you in accordance with the timescales set out in your dispatch confirmation email or detailed on our delivery FAQ’s page. However, we cannot always guarantee that we will meet these dates due to factors beyond our reasonable control.
We will deliver the order to you at the delivery address you entered during the ‘checkout’ process.
For deliveries to the mainland UK, if you have qualified for use of our free text message alert service and provided your mobile telephone number, on the morning of delivery you will receive an email and a text message which announces your 1 hour delivery slot. If you are unavailable, you can simply reply to the text message to rearrange your delivery and it will then be redelivered on the day you have requested.
Please note that we will deliver to the threshold of the building, but you will be required to carry the objects into your home so please ensure that there will be someone at home who will be able to do this.
If you provide us with an incorrect delivery address and your order is signed for by someone else as a result, we cannot be responsible for any loss you incur as a result so please ensure that you have entered all your details correctly.
Where the order was returned because we failed to meet the due date and/or time for delivery, then we will redeliver the order to you at no additional cost. In all other cases, you will be required to pay any additional delivery charges we incur in the order being returned to us and then redelivered to you.
If you have placed a bulk order (10 products or more) we reserve the right to use a specialist carrier to deliver to you. If this is the case, we are unlikely to be able to provide our ‘next day delivery’ service for any or all the products. For further details, please see our delivery FAQ’s page or contact Customer Services.
The products prices on our website are inclusive of UK VAT but exclusive of local taxes, import duties and clearances. We are not responsible for any such taxes including VAT, duties or clearances which may become payable.
The price of the products and our delivery charges will be as quoted on our website from time to time.
Products prices and delivery charges are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you a dispatch confirmation email.
Our website contains a large number of products and it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products listed on our website may be incorrectly priced. Where we recognise that we have charged the incorrect price, we will contact you to see what you want to do. If the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mispricing, we do not have to provide the goods to you at the incorrect lower price.
Payments will be taken immediately on order. Payment for all products must be made by one of the methods offered during the ‘checkout’ process.
Discounts and offers
We may run special offers and/or discounts on our website from time to time at our discretion. For details of the terms and conditions of each special offer and discount, please see Promotions Terms and Conditions below. We reserve the right to terminate any special offer or discount at any time without notice (but this will not affect any orders that we have already accepted).
back to top
I’ve changed my mind and want to cancel – 365 day refund or replacement
If you change your mind or you simply want to cancel your order for any reason, then you can do so at any time either before you receive a dispatch confirmation email from us or within 365 days beginning on the day you received your products.
To cancel your order, please contact Customer Services. After cancelling, if you have already received your products then you must return them to us (please see Returns below).
Where you have cancelled your order either before you receive a dispatch confirmation email from us or within 7 days after the date you receive the products, then we will give you a full refund of the price that you paid for the products and any applicable delivery charges, but returns costs shall be at your expense.
Where you have cancelled your order between 8 and 365 days after the date you have received the products, any delivery charges and returns costs shall be at your expense and we may give you a full refund of the price but there are additional terms that you must meet before we do so, as follows:
- you must have an RMA number (please see Returns below to find out how to obtain this);
- you must return the products with their original packaging or ensure that they are otherwise packaged safely. Regretfully, we are only able to accept returns on car seats or mattresses where the packaging is unopened; and
- the products must not have been used and must be in a re-saleable condition.
In each case, either before or at the time you return the products to us, you will need to tell us whether you would like a replacement or a refund. Where you have not told us what your preference is, we are not obligated to contact you to find out and (where you are entitled to one) we will, in such cases, give you a refund. We will refund the price of the products in full together with any applicable delivery charges.
Where you are entitled to a refund, we will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of the day that you told us you want to cancel. We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase.
Each product is sold subject to its product description which can be found on the particular web page for the relevant product.
Please note the following with regards to all product descriptions on our website:
- we reserve the right to alter specifications without prior notice. This will not affect any orders for which you have already received a dispatch confirmation.
- all sizes and weights are given as a guide only and are approximate.
- a name given to a product is not necessarily representative of its colour, for example, Steel Blue is actually red. If you have a specific requirement or are unsure as to the exact colour, please contact Customer Services.
- wood is a natural product and will therefore carry minor imperfections and characteristics such as grain and colour variation and knots. These characteristics are not classed as a manufacturing fault. Manufacturers normally use different grades of wood for items such as cots or beds and therefore the finish can appear differently. Words such as “antique pine” may not mean that the wood is “antique” wood, therefore if you have a specific requirement, please contact Customer Services.
- accessories supplied to coordinate with the main product may differ in shade; this is normally caused by the manufacturing process and is not a fault.
Most car seats fit most cars however, where available, please use the ‘fit finder’ link (which is located on the particular web page for the relevant product) to check whether the car seat you are selecting is compatible with your car. If the car seat you are selecting does not have a ‘fit finder’ link then we recommend you bring your car seat into our store once you have purchased it and one of our trained staff will fit it for you for free. You can find your nearest store here.
If you think that any of the products you have received are defective, then in the first instance please contact Customer Services who will do their best to assist you.
You are entitled to either:
- claim on our product guarantee (see Our product guarantee below);
- claim on the manufacturer’s guarantee (see Manufacturer’s guarantee below); or
- exercise your legal rights (please see Your legal rights below).
Our product guarantee
back to top
We offer a 12 month guarantee for all products which is subject to the following terms:
- the guarantee is available to the original purchaser only (it is non-transferable) and only when accompanied with the original receipt;
- it applies to the product only and does not cover any other losses such as time or other products;
- it applies to material and manufacturing defects only;
- it only applies where the product has been used for domestic, personal use within one of the serviced countries (please see 1.2 above for what we mean by ‘serviced countries’);
- it does not cover faults caused by factors outside the manufacturer’s control including (amongst other things): failure to follow the user guide or maintenance instructions; normal wear and tear; inappropriate use (for example, a single buggy being used for two children or the use of any toddler/buggy board with a buggy); accidental, wilful and/or misuse of the product; inappropriate storage methods; inappropriate cleaning; modification, alteration and/or transformation of the product;
- it does not cover parts which are subject to normal wear and tear or fading, for example foam handles, rubber elements of wheels, pneumatic tyres or signs of fabric wear or fading;
- it does not cover pushchair accessories including (amongst other things) bottle bags, cosy toes, pushchair liners, changing bags, rain covers, canopies, mosquito nets, parasols, head huggers or neck supports;
- moving parts should be maintained on a regular basis; and
- fabric accessories may fade at different rates especially when not being used together.
If you want to claim on our product guarantee, you must return any faulty products to us (please see Returns below).
If the fault you have reported falls within our product guarantee (as described above) then we will (at our discretion) either repair the product or provide a replacement (which may be of the same model or a similar model with the same specification). This will be our only obligation for such fault (but this will not affect your legal rights – please see Your legal rights below)
back to top
Some products may come with a manufacturer’s guarantee. Where it does, we will pass on the benefit of that guarantee to you. If you want to claim on such guarantee, you will have to contact the manufacturer and follow the instructions or terms contained in the same.
Your legal rights
back to top
The guarantees provided above are in addition to your legal rights in relation to products that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
If you think the products are defective, you must return them to us (please see Returns below). If they are defective, then you are entitled to a repair, replacement or a refund.
Either before or at the time you return the products to us, you will need to tell us whether you would like a repair, replacement or a refund. Where you have not told us what your preference is, we are not obligated to contact you to find out. Please note that where you have used the products, we may reduce any refund we give to you to take into account the use you have had of the products since they were delivered to you. Whether you receive a repair, replacement or a refund, we will also refund any reasonable costs you may have incurred in returning the products to us. Where you have not told us what costs you have incurred, we will make a reasonable estimation. If you are not happy with any such estimation, then please contact our Customer Services.
We will process any refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of the day that you returned the products to us. We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase.
back to top
If for any reason you want to cancel your order or any of our products are defective then you must also return the products to us as soon as reasonably practicable and, in any event, within 28 days of notifying us of the cancellation or return.
Returns can be made using either of these options:
Returns via Royal Mail or a courier
- Please click here to obtain an RMA number;
- All orders should be returned by either Royal Mail or courier to Returns, Kiddicare.com Limited, Club Way, Cygnet Park, Hampton, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, England, PE7 8JA;
- Please include the RMA number with your products together with either the delivery note or a print out of confirmation of your order and write out your reasons for the return on the back.
Returns via a Kiddicare store
- Simply take the products together with the delivery note or a print out of confirmation of your order to your local store and tell the sales assistant that you bought it online. You can find your nearest store here.
Where you are returning the products because they are defective, we will refund to you the reasonable costs of the return. In all other cases, you must return the products at your own cost.
Where possible, we ask that you please return the products in their original packaging. Where this is not possible, please ensure that the products are packaged securely to help ensure that they reach us safely and in a good condition. Please note that if you are cancelling your order because you have changed your mind and you received your products more than 7 days ago, then there are stricter measures that you have to comply with when returning your product or you may not get your refund or replacement (please see I’ve changed my mind and want to cancel above).
back to top
If we fail to comply with these terms and conditions, we shall only be liable to you for the purchase price of the products and other losses that you suffer as a result of our failure to comply which are a foreseeable consequence of such failure.
Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- any breach of the obligations implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979;
- defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or
- any other matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
Neither we nor you will be responsible if we are unable to perform our obligations under the contract due to events which are genuinely beyond your or our reasonable control (as applicable).
Nothing under the contract shall give rights to any person who is not a party to it (whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999) or otherwise.
We revise our terms and conditions from time to time. You will be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time that you order products from us.
All aspects of the contract formed in respect of your use of our site shall be governed by English law and the parties agree to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts as far as possible. In some circumstances the laws where you are domiciled may apply and the courts where you are domiciled may have jurisdiction.
back to top
If you have any questions or complaints, please contact our Customer Services team on 0845 164 7000 between the hours set out below. Calls will be charged at the rate set by your network provider. Calls may be recorded for training purposes.
||Call centre opening hours (GMT)
|Monday to Friday
||8am until 8pm
||9am until 6pm
||10am until 4pm
Alternatively, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Customer Service Department, Kiddicare.com Limited, Club Way, Cygnet Park, Hampton, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, England, PE7 8JA.
Information about us
We operate the website www.kiddicare.com. Our full legal name is Kiddicare.com Limited. We are a company incorporated in England and Wales. Our registered company number is 7500101 and our registered address is Hilmore House, Gain Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD3 7DL. Our VAT number is 343 4753 55.
back to top
Gift Cards Terms and Conditions – Updated 30th December 2013
- Gift Cards are issued by us.
- Gift Cards can be activated with a minimum of £5 and have a maximum value limit of £1,000. Gift Cards can be topped up in store to the maximum value limit.
- Gift Cards may be used to purchase goods of a higher price than the amount on the Gift Card, but full payment of the difference must be made.
- No change will be given where sales transactions is for an amount less than the balance contained on the Gift Card although the balance may be applied to future purchases.
- Gift Cards are valid for 24 months from the last transaction (transactions include balance enquiries). Any remaining balance will be cancelled on expiry of the validity period.
- Gift Cards cannot be exchanged for cash or to purchase Gift Vouchers, Gift Cards, in- store events and services.
- Gift Cards can be used and redeemed at the tills in our stores only. This excludes online, mobile, app, the kiosks/order points in store, and Kiddicare concessions or franchises.
- Gift Card balances can only be checked in our stores by asking a member of staff. If the balance displayed on the Gift Card in our store is less than the balance you expect, the balance displayed shall be taken as the amount on the Gift Card.
- We will not accept liability for lost, stolen or damaged Gift Cards. A record of the amount added will be given with the Gift Card. The amount will be recorded on the receipt in store.
- If any product purchased with a Gift Card (whether in whole or in part) is returned for an exchange or refund, any money refunded will be automatically credited to the original Gift Card. Please keep your Gift Card, even if you do not want to top it up.
- The Gift Card is not a cheque guarantee, credit or charge card.
- Gift Cards cannot be returned or refunded, except in accordance with your legal rights. For example, in the event they are not of satisfactory quality.
- Lost, stolen or damaged Gift Cards cannot be replaced so please look after your Gift Card just like cash.
- We reserve the right to refuse to accept a Gift Card which we deem to have been tampered with, duplicated, damaged or which otherwise is suspected to be affected by dishonest or fraudulent activities.
- We reserve the right to change any of these terms and conditions from time to time without notice and to take appropriate action including cancellation of a Gift Card if, at our discretion, we deem such action necessary (e.g. to change the scope of the Gift Card service, notify of the service’s withdrawal or in the event of circumstances beyond our control).
back to top
Price Match Policy – Updated 30th December 2013
How do I claim?
Buying online (including mobile site and app):
- Pre-purchase - If you find an identical item cheaper before you buy, email email@example.com . We’ll verify the price and send you an authorisation email, then once you’ve purchased the item from kiddicare.com, let us know your order confirmation number and we’ll process your claim.
- Post–purchase – If you find an identical item cheaper within 7 days of purchasing it from kiddicare.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org, with your order confirmation details and the full details of where you’ve seen the item cheaper.
Buying in-store (including kiosks):
- Pre-purchase – If you’ve seen an identical product cheaper elsewhere, just speak to a store colleague and show them where you’ve seen it cheaper, and they’ll match that price there and then. (The product must be in stock at the competitor being matched)
- Post-purchase – If you find an identical item cheaper within 7 days of purchasing it from a Kiddicare store, pop in-store with your original receipt, show a store colleague where you’ve seen it cheaper, and they’ll refund the difference or email email@example.com, with your order confirmation details and the full details of where you’ve seen the item cheaper. (The product must be in stock at the competitor being matched)
Alternatively, you can claim by writing to Kiddicare, Club Way, Cygnet Park, Hampton, Peterborough, PE7 8JA. Our customer services team will deal with your claim promptly.
Please do make sure that the product is an identical model, and that it’s in stock. If you spotted the product in a shop, please provide us with the store name, location and phone number along with the product details and price. The shop or website must be a recognised business and not a private seller or auction site.
Terms and Conditions:
- Applies to the UK only.
- Applies up to 7 days from date of in-store purchase or from date of delivery if item is purchased online or in-store for home delivery.
- Applies to all branded items that are in stock with the exception of nappies, baby milk and medicines.
- Competitor products must be identical (i.e. same name, model and colour).
- For personal use only (i.e. no trade sales or re-sales). Private sellers and auction sites do not qualify. We reserve the right to limit the price match offer to one of each item per customer, where we believe that products aren’t being purchased for personal use.
- Will not apply if the competitor product is used or damaged, e.g. ex display model.
- To claim a price match on a linked or bundle deal, the individual items must be identical.
- We will price match against the total cost of the item, including any delivery charges.
- Competitors must be authorised UK stockists, UK registered websites or stores selling products in £ sterling for distribution within the UK.
- Competitor product must be in stock and available for immediate collection/dispatch and the price must be current.
- Cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount, promotion or voucher code – either our price match or individual discount, promotion, or voucher code will apply based on whichever discount is greatest.
- Will not apply if the selected retailer is in administration or closing down.
- Applies only to the individual promotional price of the actual product, and excludes any overarching or store wide promotions, offers and discounts.
back to top
Promotions Terms and Conditions
All promotions including Flash Deals are subject to availability and may be withdrawn or amended at any time. While stocks last. No substitutions can be made.
Kids Eat Free
1 free Jungle Bites children’s meal with the purchase of any 2 of the following items: sandwich, wrap, panini, jacket potato, soup, any hot or cold drink (excluding drinks from the Jungle Bites children’s meal deal sold separately). Child must be 6 years or under and be present at the time of purchase. All food and drink items are subject to availability. We reserve the right to amend or withdraw thispromotion at any time.
Kiddicare Spring Furniture Event
Extra 15% discount applies to all Kiddicare, kiddicare.com, Baby Weavers and Kiddicouture cots, cot beds, toddler beds, cribs, wardrobes, dressers, cot top changers and nursing chairs. The following items are excluded from the promotion: Moses baskets, Moses basket stands, all mattresses and Kiddicouture Hampton Cot Bed in Antique or White. There is no minimum spend threshold. The 15% discount will be automatically applied at the in-store till point or online checkout. Offer is subject to availability, while stocks last. Kiddicare may amend or withdraw this offer at any time. The discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or discount codes including Kiddicare Parents To Be events and staff discount. Offer ends midnight Wednesday 19th March 2014. Postage and packing fees are not subject to the 15% discount.
Kiddicare’s Inspirational Parents
For the latest information on upcoming in store celebrity personal appearances or information on how you can be a part of our Inspirational Parents activity, visit the Kiddicare blog or ‘like’ Kiddicare on Facebook.
15% off when you spend £100 or more online
The offer entitles you to 15% discount when you spend £100 or more on qualifying items online only at kiddicare.com. The 15% off discount will be applied automatically once £100 or more of qualifying items have been added to your basket. This offer is valid until midnight Wednesday 19th March 2014. The offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers (including the spring furniture event), discount or voucher codes, staff discount, Kiddicare Parents To Be events or to purchase any car seats or car seat bases; Uppababy, Cosatto, Babystyle, Baby Jogger, Nuna, Plum or Silver Cross branded products; Buzz Xtra; Kiddicare and Baby Weavers branded mattresses; sale clothing and clearance products; gift vouchers; baby milk; nappies or medicines. This offer is non-transferable, and cannot be sold on auction sites for profit. While stock lasts. Kiddicare reserves the right to amend or withdraw this promotion at any time. Postage & packing fees are not subject to the 15% discount.
Tommys in store fundraising
1. Selected drinks, cakes and snacks, detailed below, available at £1 per item from all Kiddicare Kiddicafe’s between 1.30pm and 3.30pm. Subject to availability. Excludes takeaway.
o Pot of Tea
o Hot Chocolate
o Still water
o Carrot cake
o Victoria sponge
o Blueberry muffin
o Triple chocolate muffin
o Belgian bun
2. Kiddicare will donate 100% of sales from selected items on Tea for Tommy’s event days during the specified two hour time slot. Latest donation update available at Kiddicare.com/tommys
3. Free squash available for under 5s attending the Tea for Tommy’s event with participating adult.
4. Staff discount may not be applied to selected Tea for Tommy’s café lines.
5. Selected drinks, cakes and snacks purchased as part of the Tea for Tommy’s offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, including Kids Eat Free promotion.
6. Retain Kiddicafe receipt for purchase of selected drinks, cakes and snacks as proof of purchase. Present the receipt at the tills to receive 10% off additional same-day Kiddicare purchases, up until 4.30pm. No minimum spend. 10% not applicable to nappies, medicines, gift vouchers, baby food and formula or café purchases. Available in Kiddicare stores only from 1.30-4.30pm on specified dates.
7.Tea for Tommy’s event dates are as follows.
o Tues 1st April 2014
o Tues 3rd June 2014
o Tues 5th August 2014
o Tues 7th October 2014
o Tues 2nd December 2014
o Tues 3rd February 2015