Jane Rider Matrix Travel System - District including pack 8
Complete With Matrix Light Car Seat
We will send you an email as soon as this product is back in stock.
You are not committed to buying by giving us your details,
and we promise not to pass them on to any third parties.
Jane Rider Matrix Travel System - District including pack 8 Description
An ingenious and innovative patented folding system ensures that when the Rider folds, the unique retractable rear wheels reduces the folded size by an extra 30%. This makes the Rider the most compact of its kind on the market.
This exciting new system guarantees maximum comfort for baby with its adjustable rear suspension with shock absorber which can be altered according to the child's weight - harder or softer.
Another great feature of the Rider is that the seat is reversible. This means that it can be fitted onto the chassis in two different directions, with baby facing the parent or facing ahead. It's important to note that communicating with your baby from the very first day aids the development of good speech. Recent research from the National Literacy Trust shows that if your baby is facing you, you are twice as likely to talk together.
The Rider has a streamlined chassis with a unique inverted 'C' shaped structure making it easier to push. Because there is no obstructive rear axle for feet to kick against, taking baby for a walk is a breeze.
Like the rest of the Jané range, the Rider is fitted with the Pro-Fix system (patented) which means that the vast new range of carrycots and car seats from Jané can be connected quickly and safely with just one hand. Other prams require a fixing kit to be fitted to the chassis in order for carry cots and car seats to be fixed on securely. With Jané you do not need a kit as the fixings are integrated into the system, so with the simple press of a button your travel system can be transformed.
In this latest collection, Jané presents the results of innovative R&D to bring you the latest technology materials whose very special properties are found in all Jané products. Everything is designed so that your baby is as safe and comfortable as the latest research allows.
For example the new advanced materials have added properties that make it hard-wearing and stain restistant to make day-to-day maintenance easier
- Patented folding action that reduces the folded size by an extra 30%.
- Adjustable rear suspension with shock absorber.
- Inverted C shaped rear structure, making more room for your feet when pushing.
- Unfolds easily with just one hand.
- Adjustable backrest with multiple reclining positions.
- Height adjustable, soft touch handlebar (85-110cm).
- Handbrake conveniently located on the handle.
- Reversible and removable seat unit.
- Pro-Fix system (patented) locks and unlocks the carrycots and car seats with just one hand. Eliminating the need to buy and use awkward fitting kits.
- Locks closed and free stands when folded.
- Lightweight aluminium tubular chassis.
- Wheels with metal ball bearings to maximize smoothness and manoeuvrability.
- Quick release removable rear wheels for even greater compactness.
- Lockable front swivel wheels.
- Large capacity shopping basket included.
- Unfolded: 85-110 x 60 x 93cm.
- Folded: 62 x 60 x 38cm.
- Chassis weight: 9.5kg.
This year Jané launches the outstanding multi-functional Matrix Light, the evolution of the award-winning classic Matrix. It is the only infant car seat on the market (patented) that offers the option of safely travelling with baby in the sitting up or lying down position in your car, especially recommended by health officials for long journeys.
This means that if baby is sleeping in the Matrix Light in the house he can be safely moved to the car, taken to the shops, and brought back home again without ever having to be moved or disturbed from sleep.
And the big news is that the Matrix Light delivers great value for money as it can be used 24/7 - for overnight sleeping when used with a mattress, just like a conventional carrycot, or naps during the day.
Newborn babies should ideally lie completely flat. As recommended by health officials, this position facilitates newborn respiration, nurtures the abdomen and aids optimal spinal development.
ENDORSED BY RECENT MEDICAL REPORTS
Not only is the Matrix's innovative design the response to all new parents who demand better adaptation of design to babies' delicate anatomy and their lifestyle, it is also endorsed by recent medical reports. The Matrix Light is JANÉ's solution to the risks raised by specialists, thanks to its world-patented system, giving your baby the best start in life.
YOUR BABY NEEDS THE SUPPORT OF A FLAT SURFACE ESPECIALLY WHEN SLEEPING.
The Matrix caters for the first important months of your newborn baby's life with its healthier lie-flat position which can be used both in the car and on the chassis of the pram. It promotes the correct development of your baby's delicate back and respiration system and also helps prevent 'Oxygen Desaturation'.
Medical research has proven that in some very young babies (especially premature babies) kept in car seats for more than an hour can have depressed respiration and lower oxygen levels, simply because they need to lie flat to breathe more easily. This is known as oxygen desaturation.
The reasons for Oxygen Desaturation may be varied but include the fact that newborns cannot hold their head upright. When the head 'flops' their airways narrow and the lungs are less efficient if the chest diaphragm is restricted by the restraint straps.
Whilst safety of newborns must be a number one priority for parents choosing a car seat, it is important not to ignore the health implications associated with using rear-facing seats - particularly for lengthy journeys. It is for these reasons, along with our demanding lifestyles based around the use of the car, that Jané's Research and Design departments are focused in developing the most practical solutions for you and your baby which are both safe and healthy.
- The Matrix Light is an evolution of the original classic Matrix and is the only infant car seat on the market (patented) that offers the option of safely carrying your baby sitting up or lying down, both positions approved for travelling in the car.
- It's 20% lighter and has a more spacious interior than the previous Matrix versions.
- Can be used as a carrycot and also for overnight sleeping when used with a mattress.
- No Time Limits : Baby can initially travel lying down, helping his lungs to develop correctly and preventing any respiratory problems. This position, unlike conventional infant car seats, doesn't have any time restrictions that a newborn can travel in it.
- Seat Belt Lock : The seat belt of the vehicle can be locked around the Matrix so it can be tightened to give more stability.
- Universal : can be installed even in cars with shorter seat belts : low-routing.
- Pro-fix system (Patented) - buttons on the handle control the handle position and allows you to unlock and lift the car seat off the chassis with just one hand. No Need to use or buy extra awkward fitting kits that also require two hands to unlock.
- One-pull safety harness for easily adjusting harness length.
- Automatic harness height adjustment system - The 5 point integral harness is now very easily adjusted, just press a button and slide the lever to the correct height for your baby and the harness adjusts automatically. And because there's no need to undo and rethread the harness as you child grows, it therefore eliminates user error.
- The backrest has a 4 position recline - to adapt to the infant's comfort. Two positions approved for use in the car under the safety regulations ECE R44/04.
- 180° Lie-flat Position, Group 0, infant weight up to 10kg (approx birth to 9months). Ideal for longer journeys and especially the first 4 months of life when baby needs to sleep peacefully.
- 138° Sitting-up Position, Group 0+, infant weight up to 13kg (approx birth to 18months). Ideal when baby is awake and wanting to play.
- Ventilation holes in the shell, to avoid discomfort from perspiration.
- Anti-Rotation device provides greater protection for your baby.
Jane Rider Matrix Travel System - District including pack 8 Specifications
- Adjustable Handle: Yes
- Age Range: Birth - 3 Years
- PACKAGE DEAL: YES
- Basket: Yes
- Car Seat: Yes
- Colour: Beige
- Dimensions: 85-110 x 60 x 93 cm
- Dimensions (Folded): 62 x 60 x 38 cm
- Quick Release Wheel: Yes
- Raincover: No
- Reclining Backrest: Yes
- Reversible Seat: Yes
- Swivel Wheels: Yes
- Weight: 9.5 Kg
- Brand: Jane
These are exclusive customer reviews unless otherwise stated. Specifications of goods are subject to change.
Kiddicare Service Comments
Community and FAQs
Direct Delivery Explained
Click for audio and text help.
Out of Stock Explained
Click for audio and text help.
Stock Level Explained
Click for audio and text help.
Click for audio and text help.
This product is available as a pre-order. This means that we do not currently have the item in stock but we are expecting it shortly. You can place an order for this product now your expected shipping date will be 15-04-2012